August 18, 2022
New Podcast Episode: Congress’ Post-Recess Must-Dos, and an Economic Update
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin joins us to discuss Congress’s must-do list when it returns from August recess, a best-guess of the Fed’s next steps, and the latest on the state of the economy.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Outlook for Senator Manchin’s Energy Permitting Reform,” Director of Regulatory Policy Dan Bosch reviews the key components of the prospective energy permitting reform bill and considers their potential impacts.
- In “IRA Redux,” Holtz-Eakin explores the central parts of the (likely) future energy permitting reform bill and considers how likely it is to pass in the Senate.
- In “FDA User Fee Reauthorization in the House and the Senate,” Health Care Policy Fellow Margaret Barnhorst discusses the differences and similarities between the chambers’ FDA user reauthorization fee proposals.
- In “July Consumer Price Inflation,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the July inflation report.
- In “The Fed and Inflation Expectations,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the Fed’s announced inflation expectations.
- In “Student Loans (Again),” Holtz-Eakin explores the Biden Administration’s latest student loan forgiveness efforts.
- In “The Department of Education’s Newly Proposed Regulations Increase Eligibility for Student Loan Forgiveness,” Data and Policy Analyst Tom Lee reviews the Department of Education’s proposed new regulatory changes to five federal targeted student loan forgiveness programs.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.
Subscribe on iTunes or Soundcloud, or listen at the link here.