October 29, 2020
New Podcast Episode: Stimulus, Taxes, and the Economy with COVID-19
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In our latest episode, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin discusses the lessons learned from the 2009 stimulus package for any future COVID-19 aid package. He considers presidential candidate Biden’s proposed tax increases and the threat they pose to the economy. Holtz-Eakin also explains why Biden’s proposal to shift from oil to green energy will not be costless, discusses an alternative health care proposal to the Affordable Care Act, and considers how a new surge in COVID-19 cases could impact the economy.
AAF products mentioned in today’s podcast:
- Holtz-Eakin wrote about what lessons policymakers should draw from the Great Recession on stimulus packages in a recent Daily Dish newsletter, “Revisiting Stimulus and the Great Recession.” Subscribe to the Daily Dish here.
- Holtz-Eakin discusses whether presidential candidate Biden’s proposed tax hike will make the tax-transfer system more progressive and reduce the overall income inequality in “A Guide to the Tax-Hike Debate.“
- Holtz-Eakin considers how Biden’s tax proposal could affect the economy in “Biden’s ‘Tax’ Plan and ‘Growth.’“
- Holtz-Eakin discusses Biden’s energy policies and how his policies could impact job creation on Fox News. Watch the interview here.
- AAF’s Center for Health and Economy has modeled the potential impact of a new consensus-group proposal for federal health legislation. Read the full modeling results here.
Whether you’re working from home or taking a walk, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.