January 20, 2022
New Podcast Episode: The Biden Administration’s One-Year Anniversary, Antitrust Legislation, and 5G Expansion Troubles
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin joins us to discuss the Biden Administration’s one-year anniversary, Congress’ antitrust legislation aimed at Big Tech, and the airlines battle over the expansion of 5G.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Interagency Challenges to Allocating 5G Spectrum,” Director of Technology and Innovation Policy Jeffrey Westling explains the dispute over C-Band, determinations made about safety and spectrum allocation, and the importance of mid-band spectrum to 5G deployment.
- In “The Effect of Congressional Antitrust Legislation on Consumers,” Westling and Technology and Innovation Policy Analyst Juan Londoño review the American Innovation and Choice Online Act and the Open App Markets Act.
- In “Rising COVID-19 Cases and Public Policy,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the failings of public policy in combatting COVID-19 and what should be done going forward.
- In “The BIF Is Becoming Law,” Holtz-Eakin explains what was accomplished in passing the Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework.
- In “The Vaccine and Testing Mandate’s Effect on the Labor Market,” Director of Labor Policy Isabel Soto estimates the potential impact of the COVID-19 vaccination mandate on the labor market.
Whether you’re working from home or taking a walk, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.
Subscribe on iTunes or Soundcloud, or listen at this link.