September 4, 2019
New Podcast Episode: The Economics of Rural Broadband
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
Our latest episode features AAF’s Director of Technology and Innovation Policy Will Rinehart discussing efforts to expand broadband Internet in rural areas. Several Democratic candidates have proposed spending tens of billions of dollars to expand broadband access across the country. Rinehart breaks down the problem they are trying to address and the challenges that come with their proposals. As a bonus, he shares his interest in jazz music and what is on his current playlist!
Rinehart has written extensively on this issue:
- Corporations Aren’t The Problem With Broadband Access
- Would A Federal Broadband Program Help Rural Areas?
- A Look At Rural Broadband Economics
- How Well Do Rural Broadband Subsidies Work?
Future episodes will answer other pressing policy questions, including:
- What’s the economic impact of immigration?
- How should the housing-finance system be reformed?
- What’s driving the popularity of “Medicare for All”?
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.