May 27, 2021
What AAF Experts Are Looking for in the President’s Budget
The Biden Administration will release its first budget tomorrow. Here is what the AAF experts are looking for:
- How does it all add up? How does the American Rescue Plan, American Jobs Plan, American Family Plan and other presidential proposals alter the budgetary outlook?
- Is there a strategy to stabilize the debt? The president has been silent on his desired fiscal legacy. What is the goal over the next 4 to 8 years?
- Is the administration forecasting a Goldilocks economy? Will the budget feature rapid growth and low inflation? If so, how will this be reconciled with already-recognizable inflation pressures and the headwinds of trillions of dollars of proposed tax increases?
- What is the climate plan? Climate is advertised as the president’s top priority, but what is the plan? Will the budget outline a comprehensive strategy?
- What is the fate of the president’s campaign proposals on health care? Will the budget contain a proposal for a public option? What does the administration support in reforms of prescription drug pricing?
- Will there be any surprises?
Upon release, AAF’s Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray will break down the budget with an instant analysis.
To schedule an interview with AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin or AAF’s Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray, please contact AAF Press Secretary Allison Edwards at [email protected].