August 3, 2023
The AAF Exchange — Ep. 128: The Fitch Downgrade and Congress’ Must-do List
AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin joins us to discuss Fitch’s downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt, the latest economic news, and Congress’ September must-do list.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin discusses Fitch’s downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt, the latest economic news, and Congress’ September must-do list.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Documented Dreamers: A Case Study for Employment-based Immigration Reform,” Labor Market and Immigration Policy Analyst Isabella Hindley explains why creating a legal and permanent pathway to employment for Documented Dreamers may be a good place to start for employment-based immigration reform.
- In “Fitch Downgrades the U.S.,” Holtz-Eakin discusses Fitch’s downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt from AAA to AA+.
- In “Is Fiscal Policy Driving the Economy (and Fighting the Fed)?” Holtz-Eakin explores whether federal spending – or fiscal policy more generally – contributes to near-term growth.
- In “The Fed and the Labor Market,” Holtz-Eakin notes what to look for in the upcoming jobs report.
- In “Video: Weekly Economic Tracker,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the latest economic numbers.
- In “Water Heater Efficiency Rule Keeps Costs in the Billions,” Director of Regulatory Policy Dan Goldbeck examines the past week’s regulatory impacts and changes.