February 3, 2022
New Podcast Episode: Beyond the Headline Numbers
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin digs below the headline numbers to gauge the health of the economy, and discusses what Congress must—and may—do in 2022.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “The Real Inflation Problem,” Holtz-Eakin notes the lack of focus on shelter in discussions on inflation and its importance.
- In “The Fed Speaks,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the problems with the Federal Reserve’s announced plan to fight inflation.
- In “What’s a “CR”?” Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray reviews what a CR is and notes Congress’ increasing reliance on the stopgap measure in past decades.
- In “The (Evident) Demise of the BBBA,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the potential for some of the BBBA’s provisions to be brought back to legislative life in other forms.
- In “Industrial Policy: America COMPETES Act and USICA,” Data and Policy Analyst Tom Lee reviews the key provisions of the House-introduced America COMPETES Act and the Senate-passed USICA—and highlights the inefficient federal interventions they share.
Whether you’re working from home or taking a walk, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.
Subscribe on iTunes or Soundcloud, or listen here.