December 16, 2021
New Podcast Episode: End of the Year Review
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
We’re rapidly approaching the end of the year, and Washington still some pretty big balls in the air. In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin joins us to discuss the end-of-year race to pass legislation from the debt-limit increase, to the National Defense Authorization Act, to the so-called “China Bill,” and, of course, the Build Back Better Act (BBBA).
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Implications of Alternative Futures for the Build Back Better Act,” Holtz-Eakin walks through three scenarios for the BBBA from the recent CBO analysis.
- In “More Than Just a Case of the Clevers?” Holtz-Eakin explains Congress’s approach to raising the debt limit.
- In “Drug Pricing (Again),” Holtz-Eakin discusses the problems with proposals for drug price reform.
- In “Dear CBO…,” Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray explains the BBBA’s fiscal effects and how its authors’ use of sunsetting masks the true cost, as noted by CBO.
- In “Highlights of the Fall Regulatory Agenda,” A new analysis by Director of Regulatory Policy Dan Bosch features a by-the-numbers look at the new UA, and highlights several new regulatory actions not previously included.
Whether you’re working from home or taking a walk, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.