February 16, 2023
New Podcast Episode: Inflation, the Legislative Agenda, and the CBO’s Economic Outlook
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin joins us to discuss the latest inflation and economic numbers, the legislative agenda, and CBO’s Budget and Economic Outlook.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Disinflation and Dieting,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the latest consumer price index report.
- In “Recession Watch,” Holtz-Eakin explores the likelihood of avoiding a recession.
- In “Climate-related Economic Risks and Their Costs to the Federal Budget and the Global Economy,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the economic costs and budgetary impacts of climate change.
- In “School Meal Guidelines Proposal Headlines Otherwise Mild Week,” Director of Regulatory Policy Dan Goldbeck examines the regulatory impacts and changes of the past week.
- In “Tracking the Regulatory Record of Recent Administrations at the Halfway Point,” Goldbeck tracks how the Biden Administration’s regulatory burden thus far compares to those of the Trump and Obama Administrations.
- In “Highlights of CBO’s Update to the Budget and Economic Outlook for 2023–2033,” Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray breaks down the key points of the Congressional Budget Office’s Budget and Economic Outlook.
- In “Is Budget Process Reform the Answer?” Holtz-Eakin reviews the broken budget process and what impact reform could have.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.