February 2, 2023
New Podcast Episode: Rate Hikes, the Federal Budget, and the FAIR Tax Proposal
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin joins us to discuss the Fed’s latest rate hike, the federal budget process (or lack thereof), and what to make of the FAIR Tax proposal.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Economic Data Roundup,” Holtz-Eakin reviews the highlights of the latest economic data and what the numbers mean for the economy overall.
- In “A Cautionary Note on Inflation,” Holtz-Eakin explains why the drop in personal consumption expenditures inflation fails to depict the full inflation situation.
- In “High Debt Levels and Tipping Points,” Holtz-Eakin discusses why claims of “tipping points” associated with high levels of federal debt should be met with skepticism.
- In “Is Budget Process Reform the Answer?” Holtz-Eakin explores the broken budget process and what impact reform could have.
- In “Fiscal Promises,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the challenges of balancing the budget in 10 years.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.