June 9, 2022
New Podcast Episode: Student Loan Forgiveness, Trade with Asia, and Continued Inflation Woes
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin discusses the president’s plan for student loan forgiveness, a new framework for economic engagement in Asia, and what new numbers tell us about the state of inflation.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Student Loans” Holtz-Eakin walks through the problems with blanket student loan forgiveness.
- In “The Biden Administration’s Blanket Student Loan Forgiveness Would Be Regressive and Shortsighted,” Data and Policy Analyst Tom Lee discusses the myriad problems with blanket student loan forgiveness.
- In “Success Unlikely in Indo-Pacific Economic Framework Without New Market Access,” Director of International Economic Policy Tori Smith examines the components of the IPEF (with special emphasis on trade), notes what the framework is missing, and considers Congress’ minimal role in the negotiations.
- In “White House’s New Initiative with Taiwan Falls Short of a Free Trade Agreement,” Smith explains what the Initiative on 21st Century Trade seeks to accomplish, and where it falls short.
- In “Trade and Taiwan,” Holtz-Eakin explores the Initiative on 21st Century Trade’s limitations.
- In “The President’s Inflation Plan,” Holtz-Eakin discusses President Biden’s underwhelming plan to fight inflation.
- In “Gas Prices (Again),” Holtz-Eakin explains the Biden Administration’s dramatic shifts in energy policy intended to combat rising gas prices.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.