July 7, 2022
New Podcast Episode: The BBBA, a Possible Recession, and the June Jobs Report
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin discusses the return of the Build Back Better Act, the recession watch gripping the media, and what to expect from the June jobs report and CPI data.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Drug Pricing (Again),” Holtz-Eakin walks through the benefits and problems with the proposals to enact drug pricing reform.
- In “The Potential Impacts of the Build Back Better Act’s Drug Policies,” Holtz-Eakin and Former Director of Health Care Policy Christopher Holt provide a comprehensive summary of the BBBA’s key drug policies and examine their potential impacts.
- In “Macroeconomic Effects of H.R. 5376: the Build Back Better Act,” AAF commissioned Rice University’s John Diamond to assess the macroeconomic implications of the bill’s tax and social spending proposals.
- In “Parsing the Data – Do They Say Recession?” Holtz-Eakin analyzes data from the National Bureau of Economic Research to see whether a recession is incoming.
- In “Thinking Through the Fed Decision,” Holtz-Eakin explores the Fed’s raising of interest rates.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.