March 15, 2019
NEW TECH ESSAY VOLUME: How to Think About Tech Regulation
The United States’ light-touch regulatory regime has fostered a dynamic tech sector, but in the past year the regulatory climate around technology companies has changed dramatically. Today AAF releases a volume of essays that explore how policymakers should approach tech regulation.
- What Policymakers Need to Know About “Soft Law” — Ryan Hagemann, Niskanen Center
- New Antitrust Thinking Isn’t a Return to the Good Old Days — Ryan Radia, Lincoln Network
- New Technology, Same Principles: The Supreme Court and Tech — Ashley Baker, The Committee for Justice
- Understanding Calls for Regulating Artificial Intelligence — Will Rinehart, American Action Forum
- A Framework for Increasing Competition and Diffusion in Artificial Intelligence — Caleb Watney, R Street Institute
Join the essay authors and other tech experts at an event on March 19th, as AAF convenes two panels to discuss privacy, competition policy, and A.I.