March 30, 2023
New Podcast Episode: Budget Turmoil and TikTok Trouble
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Director of Technology and Innovation Policy Jeffrey Westling discuss bank turbulence, budget turmoil, and TikTok trouble.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “The Collapse of Silicon Valley Bank,” Director of Financial Services Policy Thomas Kingsley walks through what went wrong with SVB and how policymakers’ reactions to its failure could impact the banking industry.
- In “Silicon Valley Bank Meltdown,” Holtz-Eakin breaks down the main issues that led to the SVB run.
- In “SVAFU,” Holtz-Eakin explores the problems with the policy response to SVB’s demise.
- In “Have Recession Risks Risen?” Holtz-Eakin considers how the recent bank failures could impact the risk of an upcoming recession.
- In “All Fed, All Week,” Holtz-Eakin explains why the banking sector troubles ought not alter the Fed’s inflation-fighting efforts.
- In “Inflation, the Fed, and the Banks,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the latest Consumer Price Index numbers and how the problems at SVB and Signature Bank are not likely to halt the Fed’s interest rate hikes
- In “Is Congress Helping or Hurting Inflation?” Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray considers the potential budgetary impact of the Inflation Reduction Act and the CHIPS and Science Act.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.