November 2, 2023
New Podcast Episode: Checking In on the Economy & the FTC’s Antitrust Agenda
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Competition Economics Analyst Fred Ashton provide a quick check-in on the economy and walk through the Federal Trade Commission’s antitrust agenda.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “FCR Alert,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the Biden Administration quietly stopping collections on $62 billion of Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
- In “Weekly Economic Tracker,” Holtz-Eakin breaks down this week’s economic news.
- In “How Tight Is Monetary Policy?” Holtz-Eakin explains why the Fed’s monetary policy isn’t all that tight.
- In “Whither Home Prices?” Holtz-Eakin explores the potential future of house price inflation.
- In “Labor Impacts of Recovery from Severe Mental Illnesses,” former Labor Market and Immigration Policy Analyst Isabella Hindley examines the impact of severe mental illness on the labor market.
- In “FTC and DOJ Publish New Merger (Mis)guidelines,” Ashton makes the case that the FTC and DOJ’s updated merger guidelines overzealously pursue the quashing of merger activity and that courts are unlikely to accept them.
- In “Changes to Hart-Scott-Rodino Act a Boon for Lawyers, Not for Competition,” Ashton explains the antitrust agencies’ costly proposed changes to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act’s federal premerger notification program.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.