November 16, 2023
New Podcast Episode: Congress’ Stopgap Funding Measure and the Earned Income Tax Credit
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Vice President for Economic Policy Gordon Gray discuss the latest economic news, Congress’ stopgap funding measure, and new research on the earned income tax credit.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Biden Administration’s Plans To Ban Digital Discrimination Will Widen the Digital Divide,” Director of Technology and Innovation Policy Jeffrey Westling walks through the potential negative impacts of the FCC’s order prohibiting digital discrimination and the steps Congress can take to provide better direction for the agency.
- In “The FCC and Digital Discrimination,” Holtz-Eakin explores the problems with the FCC’s attempt to prohibit digital discrimination.
- In “October CPI,” Holtz-Eakin provides a guide to short-run movements in the inflation measures.
- In “VIDEO: October CPI Report,” Holtz-Eakin reacts to the latest inflation numbers.
- In “Has the Fed Cooled the Labor Market?” Holtz-Eakin considers the Fed’s progress in cooling the labor market.
- In “Estimating the Impact on the U.S. Economy of Revoking Permanent Normal Trade Relations for China,” Data and Policy Analyst Tom Lee and former Director of International Economic Policy Tori Smith analyze the potential impacts of revoking China’s permanent normal trade relations on the U.S. economy.
- In “What’s a CR?” Gray reviews what a continuing resolution is and notes Congress’ increasing reliance on the stopgap measure.
- In “The Earned Income Tax Credit: Program Design, History, and Options for Reform,” Gray walks through the history of the earned income tax credit, explains how the credit works, and considers the need for reforms.
- In “The Earned Income Tax Credit,” Holtz-Eakin discusses how the EITC works and highlights potential reforms.
- In “Highlights of CBO’s Long-Term Budget Outlook 2023,” Gray walks through the Congressional Budget Office’s updated Long-Term Budget Outlook.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.