February 24, 2022
New Podcast Episode: Domestic Policy in the SOTU
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
While President Biden’s State of the Union address will certainly focus on the situation in Ukraine and the president’s Supreme Court nominee, we can’t lose sight of his domestic policy agenda. In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin reviews the Biden Administration’s major initiatives for its first year in office, and considers whether it will stay the course on its progressive agenda.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “The COVID-19 Testing Troubles,” Director of Health Care Policy Christopher Holt discusses the federal government’s failure to ensure an adequate supply of affordable tests.
- In “Awaiting the Inflation Report,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the causes of the increased inflation.
- In “The BIF Is Becoming Law,” Holtz-Eakin explains what was accomplished in passing the Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework.
- In “The (Evident) Demise of the BBBA,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the seeming end of the BBBA and notes that the policy issues involved may reemerge.
- In “Just Add a Pinch of Collective Bargaining,” Holtz-Eakin explores the Biden Administration’s erroneous overreliance in union labor to solve the various policy issues in its domestic agenda.
- In “How the BBBA’s Union Labor Requirements Undermine Its Climate Goals,” Former Director of Labor Policy Isabel Soto and Former Director of Energy Policy Ewelina Czapla discuss the BBBA’s electric vehicle and clean energy tax credits and their effect on the labor market.
- In “‘Year One’: Assessing the Biden Regulatory Record Against Recent Administrations,” Senior Regulatory Policy Analyst Dan Goldbeck and Director of Regulatory Policy Dan Bosch track how the Biden Administration’s first year regulatory burden compares to the Trump and Obama Administrations.
- In “Wealth Taxes and Workers,” Holtz-Eakin and Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray look at the economic implications of Senators Elizabeth Warren’s and Bernie Sanders’ wealth tax.
- In “Child Care and the Jobs Report,” Holtz-Eakin considers why some individuals may be slow to return to work.
Whether you’re working from home or taking a walk, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.