October 21, 2021
New Podcast Episode: President Biden’s Health Care Proposals
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
As President Biden’s health care agenda makes its way through Congress, there is a tremendous amount of uncertainty—both about the impact of the proposals and their costs. In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF’s Director of Health Care Policy Christopher Holt and health care expert Steve Parente join us to discuss their analysis of the president’s health care proposals.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Cost and Coverage Implications of Build Back Better’s Health Insurance Provisions,” AAF’s Center for Health and Economy modeled health insurance provisions included in the Build Back Better legislative text to ascertain their likely impact on health insurance coverage and federal spending.
- In “Lowering the Medicare Age to 60: Cost and Coverage Outcomes,” modeling from AAF’s Center for Health and Economy shows the range of impacts of extending Medicare eligibility to those age 60-64.
- In “Never Enough: Funding the Progressive Health Policy Agenda,” Holt explains why even $3.5 trillion may not be enough to cover progressives’ health care wish list.
- In “It’s the Risk Pool Stupid,” Holt considers how year-round open enrollment could undermine the stability of the health insurance market.
- In “Biden is Using the Pandemic to Advance His Health Care Agenda,” Holt reviews the Affordable Care Act-related policy initiatives Democrats are proposing in the American Rescue Plan.
Whether you’re working from home or taking a walk, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.