November 10, 2022
New Podcast Episode: The Election, the Lame Duck, and Another Inflation Report
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin joins us to discuss the results of the midterm elections, the lame-duck Congress, and the latest on inflation.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In a short video, Holtz-Eakin reacts to the October inflation report.
- In “Time for the Debt Dance (Again),” Holtz-Eakin discusses the consistently broken promises to rein in deficit spending as Congress faces another debt limit increase.
- In “What Really Happens if the Federal Government Hits the Debt Limit?” Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray explains what the debt limit is and the implications of a failure to increase or suspend it.
- In “Inflation Day,” Holtz-Eakin looks at the shift in focus from the electoral implications of CPI inflation to measuring the progress of the Federal Reserve.
- In “3rd Quarter GDP,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the conclusions generated from the Q3 GDP report.
- In “The Fed and Housing,” Holtz-Eakin explores the impact of the Fed’s anti-inflation strategy on the housing sector.
- In “Decision Day for the Fed,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the Fed’s latest interest rate increase.
- In “The Little Things,” Holtz-Eakin explores the output gap, how U.S. potential output was revised down significantly, due to disappointing productivity growth and slow gains in labor force participation.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.
Subscribe on iTunes or Soundcloud, or listen at the link here.