August 3, 2023
New Podcast Episode: The Fitch Downgrade and Congress’ Must-do List
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin discusses Fitch’s downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt, the latest economic news, and Congress’ September must-do list.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Documented Dreamers: A Case Study for Employment-based Immigration Reform,” Labor Market and Immigration Policy Analyst Isabella Hindley explains why creating a legal and permanent pathway to employment for Documented Dreamers may be a good place to start for employment-based immigration reform.
- In “Fitch Downgrades the U.S.,” Holtz-Eakin discusses Fitch’s downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt from AAA to AA+.
- In “Is Fiscal Policy Driving the Economy (and Fighting the Fed)?” Holtz-Eakin explores whether federal spending – or fiscal policy more generally – contributes to near-term growth.
- In “The Fed and the Labor Market,” Holtz-Eakin notes what to look for in the upcoming jobs report.
- In “Video: Weekly Economic Tracker,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the latest economic numbers.
- In “Water Heater Efficiency Rule Keeps Costs in the Billions,” Director of Regulatory Policy Dan Goldbeck examines the past week’s regulatory impacts and changes.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.