June 22, 2023
New Podcast Episode: The PGA and LIV Golf Merger
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin discusses the Federal Reserve’s next move and Competition Economics Analyst Fred Ashton and Director of Technology and Innovation Policy Jeffrey Westling debate the proposed merger between the PGA Tour, European Tour, and LIV Golf.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Flunking Grades,” Holtz-Eakin discusses this year’s National Assessment of Educational Progress scores, the worst in decades for 13-year-olds’ math and reading proficiency.
- In “Inflation – Looking Forward,” Holtz-Eakin examines the Fed’s decision pause its hiking of interest rates.
- In “Inflation Data From May,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the May inflation numbers.
- In “The Biden Administration’s Spring 2023 Unified Agenda of Regulatory Actions,” Director of Regulatory Policy Dan Goldbeck considers what the Spring 2023 Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions shows about the scope of the administrative state and the Biden Administration’s priorities.
- In “Incumbent Tours Agree to Merge with LIV Golf,” Ashton explores the antitrust concerns arising from the PGA Tour, European Tour, and LIV Golf’s proposed merger.
- In “Golf’s LIV and PGA Merger May Not Violate the Clayton Act,” Westling makes the case that the PGA Tour, European Tour, and LIV Golf merger presents procompetitive benefits that reviewing courts should take into consideration.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.