July 6, 2023
New Podcast Episode: Student Loans, Inflation, and Bidenomics
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin discusses the Supreme Court overturning President Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan, the latest read on the labor force and inflation, and “Bidenomics.”
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “The Climate-trade Policy Collision,” Holtz-Eakin notes the conflict between climate and trade policies, particularly regarding solar tariffs.
- In “Solar Tariff CRA Resolution: Evidence of a Failed Approach to Trade and Climate Policy,” Director of International Economic Policy Tori Smith presents policy avenues to ensure effective trade enforcement in the case of solar products, as well as create an environment for both conventional and renewable energy sources to compete and flourish in the United States.
- In “SCOTUS Blocks the Biden Administration’s Blanket Student Loan Forgiveness,” Data and Policy Analyst Tom Lee walks through the timeline of the Biden Administration’s blanket forgiveness plan and its other forgiveness initiatives to date.
- In “SCOTUS Student Loan Reaction,” Holtz-Eakin reacts to the Supreme Court striking down the president’s student loan forgiveness plan.
- In “Is the Labor Market Cooling?” Holtz-Eakin explores the impact of the Fed’s anti-inflation measures on the labor market.
- In “Friday’s Inflation Report,” Holtz-Eakin reviews the latest market-based core PCE numbers.
- In “Weekly Economic Tracker,” Holtz-Eakin discusses the latest economic numbers.
- In “Inflation – Looking Forward,” Holtz-Eakin examines the Fed’s decision to pause its hiking of interest rates.
- In “Highlights of CBO’s Long-Term Budget Outlook 2023,” Vice President for Economic Policy Gordon Gray walks through the Congressional Budget Office’s newly updated Long-Term Budget Outlook.
- In “Bidenomics Unveiled,” Holtz-Eakin debunks the tenants of President Biden’s approach to economic policy.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.