April 27, 2023
New Podcast Episode: The Debt Limit and the Return of the Green New Deal
It’s The AAF Exchange — your source for clear, data-driven insight into today’s economic and domestic policy issues.
In this episode of the AAF Exchange, AAF President Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Director of Fiscal Policy Gordon Gray discuss the debt limit vote, the return of the Green New Deal, and the latest read on the economy.
AAF products mentioned in today’s episode:
- In “Reading Today’s GDP Report,” Holtz-Eakin explains how to read the important messages in the first quarter 2023 gross domestic product report.
- In “Inflation, Recession, and the Fed,” Holtz-Eakin walks through the data in the latest consumer price index report.
- In “Shelter Inflation – Is the End in Sight?” Holtz-Eakin explores whether rental inflation is slowing.
- In “What Really Happens If the Federal Government Hits the Debt Limit?” Gray explains what the debt limit is and the implications of a failure to increase or suspend it.
- In “Highlights of CBO’s Update to the Budget and Economic Outlook for 2023–2033,” Gray breaks down the key points of the Congressional Budget Office’s Budget and Economic Outlook: 2023–2033.
- In “Highlights of the FY2024 President’s Budget,” Gray breaks down the key figures in the President’s Budget for fiscal year 2024.
- In “Debt Ceiling Legislation,” Holtz-Eakin walks through what is in House Speaker McCarthy’s debt ceiling bill.
Whether you’re on your lunch break or commuting home, The AAF Exchange will keep you up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues.